In case you are looking for pleasant entertainment suggestions:
Moving Pictures with spoken words:
- Dexter (re-runs): A bit gruesome but with hope and wit and manageable amounts of moral ambiguity mixed in.
- Parks and Recreations: The best thing TV has done since Arrested Development?
- This quilter is pretty awesome.
- I have decided to re-read some Kurt Vonnegut, starting with Timequake, since that’s what was on the shelf. I like it! It’s funny and sad, but not too sad. An old man in 1996 wandering around through his life and trying to imagine the year 2011.
- Pop Culture Happy Hour – recent find, it’s a podcast spin off of the NPR blog Monkey See
- Science Friday – an actual NPR show
Any enjoyable media suggestions?