Update: This giveaway is closed, thanks!
In honor of the latest storm of the century (and holy moly, it’s a storm of the century) and all of the ladies I have known named Sandy, as well as being in the home stretch of finishing the quilt I started during the one week power outage we enjoyed after the storm of the century we had back in July…I am having my first giveaway!
And if you are a fabric nerd like me, it’s a totally awesome one! Two Kona Color Cards – updated with the most recent colors – Robert Kaufman was so generous to offer some of these for me to give away as well as to use as prizes for our recent Wonky Paint Chip Challenge with the Columbus Modern Quilt Guild.
I loved having these color cards while making my Rainbow Derecho quilt and my most recent rainbow quilt – which has not yet been revealed…they are also perfect for picking out bindings and helping you decide which shade of burgundy/maroon/scarlet you want – and can even be helpful for picking out patterned fabric, as I know I sometimes suffer from “color drift” when I’m looking at millions of different patterns (You know, when you look at every shade of orange in the store and eventually lose all track of what color orange you originally wanted?).
Besides the handiness of these charts, I love the actual Kona cotton fabric – it sews so nicely, and the colors are so rich and deep. I buy the PFD (prepared for dyeing) fabric by the bolt – it’s a nice barely off-white, and it’s perfect for signature squares and, of course, for dyeing. If you want to hear even more glowing about this line of fabric, check out another recent quilt I made with it.
But let’s get to it! The Rules:
1. Giveaway will close after the (US) election – on November 7th, or whenever everyone (particularly me) has their electricity back after this frankenstorm.
2. Just comment for an entry – feel free to tell a crazy storm experience
3. For a second entry, you can follow my blog (add a second comment saying you have done so)
4. For a third entry, you can blog/twitter/facebookah/whatever the kids are doing about the giveaway (and add a comment saying you have done so!)
5. And yes, international entries are welcome!
6. Don’t forget to leave an email address for me to contact you if you win.
Update – I finished it!